Spicy Shrimp Pasta with Tomato Butter Sauce
- 56 g butter
- 100 mL seafood stock
- 4 t minced garlic
- 800 g canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 t salt
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes (optional)
- 125 g fettucine
- 225 g shrimp (thawed)
- fresh parsley (optional garnish)
1. Add the butter and seafood stock to a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add the garlic to the skillet. Sauté the garlic in the butter and the seafood stock for 1-2 minutes, or just until it has softened and becomes very fragrant.
2. Add the can of whole peeled tomatoes with their juices, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Use a spatula or spoon to break the tomatoes into pieces. Let the skillet come up to a simmer over medium heat, then turn the heat down to medium-low. Continue to simmer for 30 minutes; stir occasionally. Continue to break the tomatoes into smaller bits every time you stir.
3. After simmering the sauce for about 15 minutes, bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 7-10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander.
4. Taste the sauce; adjust seasonings if needed.
5. Add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until shrimp are bright pink and just cooked.
6. Add the cooked and drained pasta. Toss the pasta and seafood in the sauce until everything is evenly coated. Top the pasta with a handful of chopped fresh parsley, if desired.