Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- 225 g chicken (boneless, skinless)
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 T oil
- 4 t minced garlic
- 225 g sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 c single cream
- 1/4 c grated parmesan
- parsley (for garnish, optional)
- cooked rice (for serving)
1. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium, then add cooking oil. Swirl the oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until golden brown on each side and cooked through (about 4 minutes per side). Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Add the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for one minute, or just until the garlic softens. Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 2-3 minutes more, or until the mushrooms have wilted.
4. Add the chicken broth to the skillet and stir to dissolve all the browned bits off the bottom. Add the cream to the skillet and bring it up to a simmer. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer the liquid, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the Parmesan until it has melted in. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper if needed. Add the chicken back to the skillet, drench with sauce, and heat over low until warmed through. Top with fresh parsley for garnish, if desired.
SJ Note 18 Jan 2017: Tasty! Served over rice; worked well. Start rice just before you start the chicken cooking.