- 15 g fresh basil
- 13 g peeled garlic
- 1 t lemon zest
- 33 g shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 T lemon juice (as desired)
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil (up to 2T, as needed)
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper (as desired)
- 1 pinch sea salt (as desired)
1. Place the basil, garlic, lemon zest, and parmesan cheese in the bowl of a small food processor. Process at medium speed until it starts to resemble a paste, about 60-90 seconds.
2. Add 1T lemon juice and 1T olive oil. Porcess until the mixture is evenly combined. Taste and add more lemon juice based on your personal preference. Add more olive oil if you would like the pesto to be thinner. Process again until just combined.
3. Add the salt and pepper. Process, taste, and add more if desired.
4. Use the pesto, or refrigerate it in a jar for up to two weeks. Can be frozen (suggest using an ice cube tray).